1. Irrational Beliefs about what's possible.
I’ve been reading the works of Albert Ellis, a psychologist and the founder of REBT, a behavioural therapy which forms much of the basis of Modern Psychotherapy. 😮
He often talks about how the “Beliefs” we hold (that we haven’t questioned yet)dictates much of our actions/responses in life.
One of the common beliefs that people hold is that “they can’t draw”
“They have to be born with talent to draw” 🤷♂️
A belief is proven wrong when you see a piece of evidence against it.
Instead of telling you that it’s “not true”…
Let me show you evidence 👇
All, Students of Drawing Camp, started a year or two ago…now they are here.
This is all they did;
1. Showed up for practice day in and day out.
2. They did that for a Year or two.
3. They focused more on Process than Result.
Hence proved. 😶
2. Breaking the Myth
Here’s a 10ish min video that I’ve made on why this ‘belief’ is fundamentally false..
3. Favourite Quote of the week
“The best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago. The second best time is now”
And oh, here’s something that will help you draw…
That’s it for this week folks!
See you in the next one 🙂
1. 100 Days of Sketching: A 100 Day Challenge to Improve your Art. Join the Challenge here.
2. Cartooning People from Life: A 14 Day Program to Draw People as Cartoons by Learning the Fundamental Principles of Character Design. Join 1200+ Students Here.
3. Drawing Camp: My 100 Day Art Program to Learn Drawing and Character Design.